Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 20 - Vegan Fish is Gross

I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. We went to the grocery store last week and bought an assortment of pre-prepared vegan foods. Beer brats, fish patties, chicken patties. That sort of thing. All made with some sort of unholy melange of vegetable protein strands.

I tried the fish patties last night. I had to toast some bread and drown them in ketchup to make them edible. I cooked two of them for a grand total of 360 calories. I didn't want to throw away food, so I ate them both. I was actually over full from eating what would have been a meal prelude a month ago. I'm actually still hurting a little this morning.

Fake food is a terrible idea. If you're going to go vegan, just embrace it and eat "normal" foods that are vegan to begin with. Make a nice curry. Eat some stir fry. Don't eat fake meats and fake cheese.

Current Mood: Grumbly
Current Weight: 221.0 lbs (13.2 lbs lost so far this month)

No comments: