Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 7 - Harder Than Expected

So, this is totally harder than I expected it to be. I seriously considered cheating yesterday. I was on the way home and thought to myself, "I could stop and grab a burger. I have cash. Noone would know."

But then my internal competitive natured kicked in with two points to add. One: I would know. Two: If I'm going to fail this challenge, it's sure as shit not going to be over a crap, fast food burger. If I go down, I'm going down in a bacon wrapped, perfectly charred blaze of glory. The blaze of glory will probably also be covered in cheese.

Instead, I stopped at the grocery and picked up a box of those Boca fake chicken patties. Now, these things actually taste like "real" chicken patties. I put the real in quotes, because the "real" patties have been processed to the point where there is no real chicken flavor or texture left. The fact that it's easy to replicate without meat speaks more to the low quality of the meat product and less to the ingenuity of the Boca company. Don't ever buy these. Make something real instead.

On the upside, I picked up some Odwalla "Blueberry Swirl" bars. Organic. Vegan. Awesome flavor. At $2 a bar, they're not cheap, bu make for a really good get-you-through-the-day backup plan.

Cuurent Mood: Tired due to inability to sleep
Current Weight: 228.2

1 comment:

RoastDuck said...

Come on, Chris! Can't be cheatin' yet,man! You got this, man!

PS: Onion rings are vegan, man