Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 8 - One Week Crushed

This whole vegan thing is actually getting a little easier. I picked up some more of those Odwalla brand Blueberry Swirl bars. Those things really get your through the day. I also picked up some "Certified Vegan" mac and chreese boxes. I didn't spell that wrong by accident. Chreese. Evidently, it's made mostly of nutritional yeast. I'm gonna give it a go tonight. I'm curious to see what it tastes like and I never, ever would have bothered to try it if I wasn't doing this vegan thing. Also, despite being "Certified Vegan", I could find no evidence of a certifying agent or organization. I think they just certified themselves. Maybe I'll do the same. Meet the new and improved Kris... no Certified Vegan.

I'm meeting a friend after work today. Normally we'll go out to eat somewhere - generally fast food or similar. I'm not actually sure what I can eat. His favorites have zero vegan options. It's not like Taco Bell has a soy crumble and nutritional yeast strand taco. And if they did, who would eat it? Their food is low enough on the totem pole as it is.

On the upside, my energy levels are getting back to a normal level. I've started walking/jogging again instead of lounging on the couch. I'm up to 430km for the year so far.

Current Mood: Upbeat
Current Weight: 226.8

No comments: