Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 14 - In Which We Successfully Avoid Unlucky 13

So, I'm totally superstitious enough that I didn't post anything on day 13. I know this is crazy, but I have a couple of weird, almost OCD like superstitions.

1. I will not start anything on the 13th of the month. I don't know why. I guess growing up being told that the 13th is unlucky just worms it's way into your brain.
2. I don't pick up face down pennies. If I'm at a store, am exactly 0.01 USD short for a purchase and see a penny facedown on the floor, I'm not making that purchase. I have this weird theory on pennies and luck. If you drop a penny accidentally and it lands face down, you're divesting yourself of bad luck. If you drop a penny accidentally and it lands face up, you're divesting yourself of good luck. When someone else picks up the penny, they get your good or bad luck as the case maybe. This keeps balance in the universe so far as luck is concerned. Now, I know this is crazy. I know this isn't the way things really work. But at the same time, I don't pick up face down pennies. One an interesting side note, if you accidentally drop a penny and it lands face down, you CAN immediately pick it up as your luck would stay in balance. You know, in case you were wondering how much I've though about this.

No comments: