Saturday, August 17, 2013

Day 17 - Preperation is Key

I went to an all day party/event today and didn't adequately prepare for it.  I knew that food was going to be provided and I thought to myself, "you'll just eat the cut up veggies and maybe go get a granola bar or something."

Didn't happen.

All that was available was pizza and cake.

Literally nothing else.

So by the time I got home I was starving.  I had made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich early this morning and forgotten about it.  I tore into that thing when I got home.

On the upside, it was a really fun event.  I have a friend who runs a gaming store and I'll be helping him plan and execute some all day type events.  We'll even be throwing a midnight release rave night next month.  I just know now that for these all day type events, I'll need to plan ahead and bring food to eat.

It might be worthwhile looking into keeping some granola bars or something in my car.  That obviously won't work with the summer heat, but come fall I don't see why it should be an issue.

Also, I'm almost below 220.  This is historically the weight limit below which I don't store nearly as much.

No comments: